June view 2009

June view 2009
View of rose and herb garden, June 2009

Small Garden Story

Over some 15 + years, I have been photographing the evolution of my small (85 x 15 foot) garden and it seems a waste not to put these records into some sort of context. Beginning here in April 2010 this Blog is intended to both act as a diary and to share past and present successes (and some failures), pleasures and disappointments with fellow garden-lovers. In due course, I intend to fill in some of the background and early days but that will have to wait until the winter months!

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Plants in black and white!

We have had a pretty foul winter which is part of my excuse for neglecting my blog. Apologies! Happy to say I have not neglected the garden. Just now I'm delighted with a smart new fence, a nice soft dark brown, quite unlike the rather raw-looking orangey hue they used to be when new. Getting rid of two vastly over-grown ivies which were helping tear it to pieces has given me a lot more room too. I am busy researching climbers and looking back to see what has succeeded in previous years. Today though I just wanted to share this close-up from my exhibition "Garden Enigmas" of 2005 which has just been nominated in this year's Black and White Spider Awards. Personally I think the poppy seed head was much more powerful but then I'm not judging!

No comments:

Post a Comment